Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV
Worry and anxiety are hard to shake. Since they often cling onto us and don’t let go, the Bible says to cast and throw them off, because God is taking care of us. Before we can get rid of our anxiety, we must first understand how our worries manifest themselves. Do you ever feel overly agitated and irritated, but don’t know why? Oftentimes, anger and frustration are masks for unresolved anxiety.
Join Russ and friends as they discuss the articles “Feeling Anxious? Try These Scriptures on Frustration” and “4 Stories of Courage in the Bible That Will Make You Bold,” and discover what is underneath your worry so that God can bring you peace.
If you’d like to email the show, send us a message at email@example.com
- Feeling Anxious? Try These Scriptures On Frustration
- 4 Stories of Courage in the Bible That Will Make You Bold
- How to Be Yourself: Quiet Your Inner Critic and Rise Above Social Anxiety by Ellen Hendriksen
- Call of Duty
- Washington Football
- Michigan Football
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- 1 Samuel 17:32-33, 37 ESV And David said to Saul, “Let no man’s heart fail because of him. Your servant will go and fight with this Philistine.”  And Saul said to David, “You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him, for you are but a youth, and he has been a man of war from his youth.”  And David said, “The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and the LORD be with you!”
- Daniel 6:10 ESV When Daniel knew that the document had been signed, he went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously.
- 1 Timothy 2:8 TPT Therefore, I encourage the men to pray on every occasion with hands lifted to God in worship with clean hearts, free from frustration or strife.
- Ecclesiastes 2:22-23 NIV  What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun?  All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.
- Psalm 127:1-2 NIV Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.  In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves.
- Exodus 3:11-12 ESV But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?”  He said, “But I will be with you, and this shall be the sign for you, that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.”
- Esther 4:16 ESV “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”