A devotional is an in-depth Bible study. A typical devotional should take you anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to complete. Download and print a PDF version of this devotional for yourself, or use it with a friend to create an engaging discussion.
- What is my mission from God?
Why we are here?
“Jesus knew that his mission was accomplished, and to fulfill the Scripture, Jesus said: I am thirsty.”
John 19:28 TPT
- Jesus had a mission! Everything he did in his life fit into the mission God had for him. Do you know your mission?
- Jesus accomplished his mission. Are you accomplishing that mission?
“I send you to preach the forgiveness of sins- and people’s sins will be forgiven. But if you don’t proclaim the forgiveness of their sins, they will remain guilty.”
John 20:23 TPT
- We are here to help people experience forgiveness of sins by studying the Scriptures with them.
- We are here to set people free. Who in your life needs to be set free and what does he need to be set free from?
What is the opposition?
“So consider carefully how Jesus faced such intense opposition from sinners who opposed their own souls, so that you won’t become worn down and cave in under life’s pressures.”
Hebrews 12:3 TPT
- There will be opposition to to fulfilling God’s mission.
- Jesus faced opposition from the outside – other people, other people’s spiritual condition, other people’s sins, fatigue, pressure, quitting, etc…
What opposition are you facing?
“When Paul and Barnabas arrived at Iconium, the same thing happened there. They went, as they always did, to the synagogue and preached to the people with such power that a large crowd of both Jews and non-Jews believed. Some of the Jews refused to believe, and they began to poison the minds of the non-Jews to discredit the believers.”
Acts 14:1-2 TPT
- Paul and Barnabas fulfilled God’s mission by preaching the Word to the people around them.
- The opposition that hit them came from people with unbelief.
- How has unbelief stopped you from fulfilling your mission?
- How to save someone?
“Yet Paul and Barnabas stayed there for a long time, preaching boldly and fearlessly about the Lord. Many trusted in the Lord, for he backed up his message of grace with miracles, signs, and wonders performed by the apostles.”
Acts 14:3 TPT
- Choose Courage – Paul and Barnabas continued to preach the words of God boldly.
- Stay Focused – Paul and Barnabas chose to stay there for a long time until they saw change.
- What is stopping you from choosing courage and staying focused?
“And they continued to preach the hope of the gospel..”
Acts 14:7 TPT
- Continue to preach – they were not stopped by opposition, they kept finding the open people.
- Give hope – studying the Bible gives hope to others.
- Who is open around you whose life you can make an impact in today?