Why am I so overwrought? Why am I so disturbed? Why can’t I just hope in God? Despite all my emotions, I will believe and praise the One who saves me and is my life. Psalm 42:5 Voice
Relying on ourselves to deal with emotions on a daily basis is frustrating, exhausting, and ultimately, futile. Like the psalmist in the above scripture does, we need to turn our emotions to God by expressing them and deciding to believe God will take care of us. Journaling is a great way to help us navigate the emotions we feel, but we have to make sure to use this incredible tool spiritually.
Join Russ and friends as they discuss how to use journaling spiritually. Spiritual journaling can be extremely useful in our walk with God when it helps us navigate our emotions in prayer or understand God and the Bible better.
For questions or suggestions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to have a quiet time
- Bill Simmons Podcast
- The reading life – The Reading Life: The Joy of Seeing New Worlds Through Others’ Eyes
- Ted talk on how to draw
- Ted Talk on drawing for memory
- The Pen Is Mightier Than the Keyboard: Advantages of Longhand Over Laptop Note Taking
- Sketch notes handbook
- How Handwriting Trains the Brain
- 6 Unexpected Ways Writing Can Transform Your Health
- Numbers 33:1-2 NIV Here are the stages in the journey of the Israelites when they came out of Egypt by divisions under the leadership of Moses and Aaron.  At the Lord’s command Moses recorded the stages in their journey. This is their journey by stages:
- James 3:13-18 NRSV  Who is wise and understanding among you? Show by your good life that your works are done with gentleness born of wisdom.  But if you have bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not be boastful and false to the truth.  Such wisdom does not come down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, devilish.  For where there is envy and selfish ambition, there will also be disorder and wickedness of every kind.  But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy.  And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace for those who make peace.
- Psalm 42:5 Voice  Why am I so overwrought? Why am I so disturbed? Why can’t I just hope in God? Despite all my emotions, I will believe and praise the One who saves me and is my life
- Colossians 1:21-22 NIV  Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.  But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation