- How do you define the purpose of your life?
- Why did God give you a past uniquely different from anyone else’s?
- Who are you meant to inspire and impact?
Understand God’s Intimate Involvement
You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother’s body.
When I was put together there, you saw my body as it was formed.
All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.
Psalm 139:15-16 NCV
- There is not a day that goes by in our lives in which God isn’t aware of and intimately involved in bringing about his purpose for our lives to completion.
- Do you believe every aspect of your life – your past, your relationships, your abilities or disabilities, your family, your culture and neighborhood you grew up in, your feats and failures were all specifically orchestrated by God to love and help others?
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NCV
- Spirituality is living life with a faith that is deeply convinced God chose called us change the lives of others.
- Do you believe all your successes and sufferings are part of God’s shaping of your life to care for the lives of others?
Deepen Your Love
This is how we’ve come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his life for us. This is why we ought to live sacrificially for our fellow believers, and not just be out for ourselves. If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God’s love? It disappears. And you made it disappear.
1 John 3:16–17 MSG
- The key to living an inspired life is to live an unselfish one. When we find ourselves living without inspiration, passion, or compelling reason, we’ve lost sight of the very purpose why God chose to love us first: to experience his love and to love others!
- Do you understand and experience God’s love in your daily life?
What sins keep you from seeing God’s love actively present in your life? How have you seen these sins make your love for others grow cold? (Matthew 5:8, 24:12)
- What can you do to deepen and increase your experience of God’s love, so you can help others experience it as well?
Share Your Story
Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don’t see many of “the brightest and the best” among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. Isn’t it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these “nobodies” to expose the hollow pretensions of the “somebodies”? That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. That’s why we have the saying, “If you’re going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God.”
1 Corinthians 1:26-30 MSG
- Too often, the parts of our stories that we consider insignificant or wish we could erase are the very chapters God wants to use to help us fulfill our purpose
- Do you believe God wants to move through your weaknesses to relate to and make a difference in the lives of others?
- Who can you share your story with to illustrate how God moves powerfully in the areas we feel most powerless in?
Choose God’s Future Over The World’s
We are confident that God is able to orchestrate everything to work toward something good and beautiful when we love Him and accept His invitation to live according to His plan. From the distant past, His eternal love reached into the future. You see, He knew those who would be His one day, and He chose them beforehand to be conformed to the image of His Son so that Jesus would be the firstborn of a new family of believers, all brothers and sisters. As for those He chose beforehand, He called them to a different destiny so that they would experience what it means to be made right with God and share in His glory.
Romans 8:28-30 VOICE
- Every day, we have a choice to live our lives influenced by the world’s darkness or by God’s destiny.
- The world promotes building our confidence on self-importance, self-preservation, and selfish ambition, which are in stark contrast to God’s plan.
- However, these lead to greater isolation, insecurity, and instability in our lives and relationships.
- God has a very different destiny for our lives – one characterized by a deep confidence that he is always working towards “something good and beautiful in our lives”, leading us to an inspiring future together.
- His vision for our lives always involves others – deeply connected in relationships, and intimately close to him.
- Are you living your life based on God’s plan or the world’s?
- Who has God placed in your life to help discover his destiny for them?
- What can you do today to work together with them to live a powerful purpose together?