He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”Psalm 46:10 NIV
God wants our times with him to still our hearts, reminding us that he is strong and capable enough to help us through anything. This is especially important to remember over the holidays.
When we get caught up in the busyness and stress of the holidays and lose sight of God, we can easily fall into a few common traps. We need God’s help to be aware of these traps and pull us out so we can truly enjoy the holidays.
Join Russ and friends as they discuss these common traps that we can get caught in over the holidays, and how God can help us through it.
If you’d like to email the show, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
A continuation of this episode’s theme can be found at our devotional “3 Common Holiday Traps to Avoid (And 3 Conversations to Have).”
- The Speed Trap
- The Comparison Trap
- The Isolation Trap
- Proverbs 12:13 TPT The wicked will get trapped by their words of gossip, slander, and lies. But for the righteous, honesty is its own defense.
- Proverbs 20:25 TPT Be careful in making a rash promise before God, or you may be trapped by your vow and live to regret it.
- Proverbs 23:2 TPT Be careful to curb your appetite and catch yourself before you fall into the trap of wanting all you see.
- Proverbs 29:5 TPT Flattery can often be used as a trap to hide ulterior motives and take advantage of you.
- Proverbs 29:25 TPT Fear and intimidation is a trap that holds you back. But when you place your confidence in the Lord, you will be seated in the high place.
- 2 Timothy 2:26 NIV  And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.  Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,  and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
- Luke 21:34 NIV “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap.
- Psalm 46:10 NIV He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
- Philippians 4:11 NIV I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
- Psalm 68:6 NIV God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.